Nov 7, 2013

Better than a Sweatshirt


This ensemble is my answer to those chilly, lazy mornings when you still want to look put together!

My primary motivation in starting Whitney à la mode was to motivate myself and to hold myself accountable for dressing more fashionably.  One area where I have always struggled with looking put together has been with comfy clothes.  Before discovering personal style blogs, my go-to outfit on lazy mornings was a sweatshirt and jeans.  While there is absolutely nothing wrong with sweatshirts, I have been trying to step up my game!

I love this outfit because it is as comfortable as a sweatshirt while looking like I put a little bit of thought into my clothing.  The key to this ensemble is an extremely comfy dress!  Then I just added cozy layers until the look was completed.



What I'm Wearing:
Linking-up for Third Thursday Threads!

Perfectly Coutured
Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! The only downside is that I wanted to nap all day!

      Delete
  2. This outfit looks fun! Agree, dressing up for lazy mornings can be daunting most of the time :)

    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? Do you have a go-to outfit to look put together on these mornings?

      Delete
  3. I adore this dress on you! I was thinking about buying it, but I was apprehensive after reading the reviews. Did you find issues with the fit/sizing? (It seems like it fits you perfectly.) I really like the way you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I often struggle when deciding whether to order smalls or mediums in clothes. I got this dress in a medium and honestly could have sized down. The top could be a little bit more fitted. That being said, since I like this dress for comfy mornings, I'm ok with it being a bit loose. Everything else fits well and proportionally, though!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that dress! I've been looking at a similar one at LOFT, but this one definitely has a better waistline for me as the other one was empire. It looks totally adorable on you and I love how you styled it up!

    xo,
    Lindsay
    lindsayliving.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would definitely recommend this dress...it is SO comfortable!

      Delete