Mar 31, 2014

All eyes on me


As a teacher who spends her day being watched by a hundred or so teenagers, getting dressed in the morning can be an interesting challenge.  What to wear becomes a more important decision when you know that you are being watched and judged (in good, bad and interesting ways) all day long.  Students are so incredibly observant.  They notice every little detail from a new pair of shoes, to a fresh hair trim (and there was that one time when a student actually asked if she could feel my hair).



My students also notice on the days when I put a bit of extra effort into my ensemble.  On this particular day, I wore my favorite dress and my favorite belt and I just felt good! Anyways, I had far more students than usual comment about liking my outfit, which goes to show that they really do notice the extra effort.  I even had one of my little lovelies tell me that I looked like I should be in a magazine (he won my "favorite student of the day" award, haha).  While this is extremely flattering, at the same time it makes me wonder about what they think of me on the days when my outfit isn't quite right.  Fortunately they don't actually say anything to me on these days...at least not yet.


I wore this dress before with my favorite, chunky, blush scarf.  The beautiful details of the dress speak for themselves so I don't feel that I need to do too much accessorizing but I did want to add a little something special...enter this animal print, bow belt!

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Gift (similarsimilar)
Belt: Anthropologie (similarsimilar)
Tights: Target (similar)
Booties: Belk (exact)
Watch: Urban Outfitters (exact)

Linking-Up:
DC in Style- Monday Bloom
Fizz and Frosting- Mix It Monday
Greater Than Rubies- Remix, Rewear, Restyle
Style Elixir- Style Sessions
The Style Record- Monday Must Haves
Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

  1. That belt is absolutely adorable! I love the little bow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it, too! It is by far my cutest belt :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous outfit! I love the dress. My students have no filter so they usually let me know if they think something in my outfit doesn't quite work. It's not my favorite thing, but it keeps me on my toes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I agree, at least I know that I will always put at least some sort of effort into my outfit for fear of being laughed at by teenagers.

      Delete
  3. What a cute dress! So fun. Love all the colors which makes it so versatile. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree! I can't wait to wear it without tights and with a cute pair of wedges (my legs might need to be a little less pale before that happens).

      Delete
  4. LOVE this look, Whitney! So pretty. Thanks for sharing your remix with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caitlin! As usual, you are wonderful and thank you for hosting the link-up!

      Delete
  5. I love everything about this outfit! The pieces are so cute. Great way to style a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looks great! I love this dress on you too. I totally know what you mean about the students, it's nice to hear compliments but sometimes I wonder if they compliments from 12 year olds are always a good thing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes do you wonder if the kids are paying more attention to your lesson or your outfit? Haha.

      Delete