Mar 25, 2014

Cayenne


Until a few months ago, I had no idea there was such thing as an "official" color of the year.  Did you know that there is an organization, Pantone, that is the ultimate authority on all things color?  They have determined that the color of the year is "Radiant Orchid" and that the colors below are the it colors for spring.


The lovely Alex from Undergraduate Style has done a great series featuring products in each of the spring hues.  She is rounding-up here series by hosting a link-up today for which she has challenged us to create an outfit inspired by Pantone's spring line-up.

Last week I wore this outfit that combined five of the ten spring colors: Radiant Orchid, Placid Blue, Hemlock, Paloma and Sand.  But it would be cheating to reuse an outfit (on my blog at least, I'm all about rewearing outfits in real life)!  So, in honor of the Color Me Tuesday Link-Up, I've created two outfit variations inspired by the color Cayenne.



For each of these outfits, I let my Cayenne pants be the star of the show!  I paired these pants with a white lace shirt to add texture rather than color.  Are bubble necklaces completely out?  If so, I apologize, but I thought that adding my pink bubble necklace added another pop of monochromatic color.


For my first look, I wore a grey (or shall we say Paloma) and white striped cardigan and for the second look I wore a denim jacket instead.  Which look do you prefer?

What I'm Wearing:
Shirt: Loft (exact)
Pants: Loft (similarsimilar)
Cardigan: Loft (similarsimilar)
Denim Jacket: Hand Me Down (similarsimilar)
Bubble Necklace: Francesca's (similarsimilar)
Wedges: DSW (exact)

Linking-Up:
Because Shanna Said So- Random Wednesday
DC Style- Monday Bloom
Fizz and Frosting- Mix-It Monday
Style Elixir- Style Sessions
Undergraduate Style- Color Me Tuesday
Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

  1. Your first look is totally twinsies with my Cayenne outfit! Great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute looks! I really like that striped cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For some reason I feel a little stumped by it sometimes...but I really liked it with this outfit!

      Delete
  3. I love both looks, but I especially love how the denim jacket pulls the whole look together with its structure! Also, I really hope bubble necklaces aren't out, because I have one I really like. Thanks sooooooo much for linking up, Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who cares what's in or out, right?!? Let's continue to rock those bubble necklaces :)

      Delete
  4. Whitney - I like them both actually! The sand and cayenne are my favorite. Great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now I just hope that it warms-up so I can actually wear those pants!

      Delete
  5. I used to scoff at "the color of the year" but now that it's purple - err, radiant orchid - I'm completely game. I love purple, and I love lace with stripes as well as lace with denim. Two great looks here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. As long as I like a color, I'm going to wear it. If I don't like it then I won't wear it...it doesn't much have to do with the "color of the year." Luckily I like all of these colors anyway :)

      Delete
  6. Oh how fun! I love the color report, but have never done something with it on my blog. What a great idea! And those pants are fab ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay! It is fun to have a themed challenge every once in awhile :)

      Delete