Mar 20, 2014

Stitch Fix Review #2

About a month ago, I wrote this review of my first Stitch Fix box!  Not familiar with Stitch Fix?  They are a fun personal styling and clothing subscription company.  Basically, your very own personal stylist will send you a box full of goodies and you get to choose what to keep and what to (very easily) ship back.  Please read my first review for more details.

If I have convinced you to try Stitch Fix, I would be super duper appreciative if you would follow this link.  By doing so, you will give me a bit of credit towards my next box!  Merci beaucoup!

I mentioned before that my first box wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I wrote a detailed review of the fix and was hoping for improvement the second time around.  Well ladies, my stylist nailed it this time! I loved several of the items in my fix but was only able to keep one thing for financial reasons.  

Without further ado, I kept these amazing red pants!  I've mentioned before that I really struggle with finding pants that fit well.  For this reason, I was skeptical that someone could just send me a pair, without me trying them on first, and they would fit.  But they do fit!  And now I finally have a pair of colored bottoms!  I like these pants so well that I've worn them three times already (see below for these looks) and I mentioned in my Stitch Fix review that I wouldn't mind receiving more pairs in different colors, hint hint.


Here are the items that I decided to return:


While I really enjoyed the detail of the dress, the fit was off for my body.  The skirt was a bit too short for how much it flared.


If you can't tell from the photo, this shirt is covered in tiny, adorable swans.  I loved the print but the shirt was a bit too small.


I so wish that I could have kept this shirt, but alas, the pants won.  This shirt was comfy and cute but just slightly too pricey...and the pants were too good to pass-up.


I liked this necklace...but again, the pants won!

When I decided to keep the red pants, I was a little nervous about thinking of a variety of ways to wear them.  For my first pair of colored bottoms, I'm not sure I would have chosen red.  But beggars can't be choosers...and did I mention how well these pants fit??

Anyway, I shouldn't have been nervous at all considering I've worn them three times so far!


For this first look, I drew inspiration from the style card that came with my Stitch Fix.  The stylist recommended a striped top with a camel cardigan.  My striped shirt will definitely be worn with these pants again and I liked the addition of the neutral cardigan...I might not have thought of that one on my own.


I wanted to somehow make the red pants a little less bold and I think I did that by adding this floral scarf.  The scarf has red tones that work with the pants but the other colors in the flowers help to soften the look.


Nautical is back in this spring!  A navy and white striped blazer create a sharp look!

If you are interested in my future Stitch Fix reviews, please follow me at Bloglovin'!

What I'm Wearing:
Pants: Stitch Fix (similarsimilar)
Striped Shirt: Banana Republic (similarsimilar)
Cardigan: Target (exact)
Black Flats: DSW (exact)
Grey Tee: Everlane (exact)
Scarf: Gift (similarsimilar)
Colored Flats: Toms (similar)
Blazer: Banana Republic (similarsimilar)
Tassel Necklace: Loft (similarsimilar)

Linking-Up:
Delusions of Grandeur- Favorite Fashion Friday
Simple Sequins- Fashion Item Friday
Style Elixir- Friday's Fab Favorites
Vodka Infused Lemonade- Très-Chic Fashion Thursday
Work Clothes I Suppose- Third Thursday Threads
Bookmark and Share

16 comments:

  1. SUPER cute look! I think red pants are an amazing first color to dive into! They can be worn with SO many colors - surprisingly I love mine with olive green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh! Thanks for the tip! I wouldn't have thought of olive!

      Delete
  2. Adorable! I love the red pants, great look. Thanks for linking up with Tres Chic
    oXo
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I agree that red pants are a little intimidating but the great thing is, yours are muted and super classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm excited to create a some more springy looks with the red!

      Delete
  4. These pants look great on you! And so nice that they just shipped to you perfect as is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can try on 50 pairs of pants and not find a single pair that I like...and then Stitch Fix just sends me one! Crazy.

      Delete
  5. Those pants are amazing! I can't bring myself to buy pants without trying them on, so this is kind of crazy!

    I really love that top and the necklace as well, but would have picked the pants as well out of everything. Great choice (not that you need reassurance on that one)!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was as shocked as you are that these pants just worked-out! Sometimes miracles happen. Haha.

      Delete
  6. I agree that my items have been on the pricy side. My sister has been using Stitch Fix for awhile and she said that if you mention in your review that you want less expensive items, they will start sending you cheaper things. I'll keep you posted if it works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thank you Whitney for joining Fashion item Friday. I completely appreciate your being there. We had a slow start {cuz of my goof up} but I think it was really fabulous, that those that did attend. {I goofed up on the am vs pm time start} Don't ya just hate when that happens. Great red jeans / pants. wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting a fun, link-up! I'm always SO paranoid when I set my alarm that I'm going to mix-up AM and PM. It could happen to anyone!

      Delete
  8. I'm a big fan of Stitch Fix. I love your floral scarf (because I have the same one...haha)
    Thanks for linking up for Favorite Fashion Friday! Hope to see you back tomorrow!
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It this scarf amazing?!? I think it is the most versatile scarf that I own!

      Delete