Mar 17, 2014

Turtles Are Green

Every year around St. Patrick's Day it occurs to me that I own very little green clothing (with the exception of bajillions, yes bajillions, of Michigan State t-shirts).  I always find this a little bit odd considering I really like the color green and it is a color that compliments my skin tone.  Huh.

Anyways, on this loveliest of Irish-inspired holidays, I am showing you my fun Ninja Turtles sweatshirt...because, hey, turtles are green!



I'm cheating a little bit because I actually wore this sweatshirt on Saturday and would not wear it on a school day.  I know that some people like to only invest in clothing that can be worn to work as well as on the weekends.  I tried this for awhile considering it seems like a smart financial move but it didn't really work for me.  I began to feel that even my cutest, most trendy tops were just "teacher clothes."  For this reason, I keep a small pool of cute items that I only wear on weekends.  The bonus is when my weekend attire consists of an adorable and comfy graphic sweatshirt.



How do you categorize your clothes?  Do you separate work and weekend wear?  Or do you only buy items that work for both?

What I'm Wearing:
Shirt: I bought this at a candy store.  Weird, right? (similarsimilar)
Pants: Gap (similarsimilar)
Sandals: From France (similarsimilar)

Linking-Up:
Bon Bon Rose Girls and Mom Trends- Monday Mingle
DC Style- Monday Bloom
Fizz and Frosting- Mix It Monday
Greater Than Rubies- Remix, Rewear, Restyle
Just Another Smith- Green Week
Style Elixir- Style Sessions
Bookmark and Share

22 comments:

  1. Haha! Turtles ARE green. :)
    Since I don't have to have a work wardrobe, I don't really seperate weekday from weekend. I am more likely to wear some of my nicer dresses on the weekend (church) than during the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, that is an interesting twist that you are more dressed-up on the weekends! By the way, I'm looking forward to your Thoughtful Third Thursday link-up :)

      Delete
  2. I buy work toooo much and not enough weekend. Love the bun!

    Marie @
    In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! At least you buy more of what you get to wear 5 out of 7 days of the week! And let's face it, oftentimes my weekend-wear consists of t-shirts and yoga pants.

      Delete
  3. Very cute, Whitney! The zipper detail is fantastic. Love your hair as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the zipper, too! You gotta love cute details to jazz-up a comfy sweatshirt.

      Delete
  4. You crack me up! I really like the zipper detail. It gives an extra punch to the fun sweatshirt. Thanks for sharing your remix with us! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Caitlin! And once again for a great link-up. I loved that you focused on mint this week. I just can't seem to get enough.

      Delete
  5. Awesome sweatshirt! I used to buy things only for work and only for play, but lately I try to buy things that can be worn both ways. I'll still buy work only clothes (like pencil skirts or dress pants) but not so much on the casual-only side, just because I already have so many casual clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think I'm the opposite in that I have mostly work clothes and not many "just for play" items.

      Delete
  6. The sweatshirt is fabulous! I remember having a love affair with the TMNT in jr. high when they came out, ha ha! I try to buy things that would work for weekend or for work, but it's nice to have a couple weekend only items. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit TMNT fan when I was little, too! I agree in that it's nice to have a few fun sweatshirts to save for the weekend!

      Delete
  7. Ahaha this is so cute! And turtles ARE green, that totally counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I'm glad you don't think that I cheated. Haha :)

      Delete
  8. That zipper is sooooo cute! I can't really identify with the distinction since my lifestyle is so casual, but I imagine I would be the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to get back to me in a few years when you are a working woman :)

      Delete
  9. I love that turtles are your green thing!

    I pretty much dress like a slob on the weekends (leggings and t-shirts) so I have a hard time spending money on anything that can only be worn on the weekends. Pretty much anything I buy has to be able to be worn at work. If I ever stay home someday, I'll probably have to rediscover my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I'm normally in yoga pants and a t-shirt, too. But I find that if I buy cute weekend-wear, it makes me actually want to get dressed on my lazy days.

      Delete
  10. What a fun look. Such a creative way to stay in the holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The credit goes more to my closet for not having anything green than to my creativity :)

      Delete
  11. Love your creative take on the green theme! What a cute way to style it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I guess you have to get creative when you don't own green clothing. Haha.

      Delete