Apr 7, 2014

Brights + Pastels

Good morning, lovelies!  Today I'm participating in another Remix, Rewear, Restyle at Caitlin's blog, Greater Than Rubies.  This week Caitlin has challenged us to put an outfit together featuring bright and pastel colors.  To be quite honest, I've never put much thought into combining these two color groups.  Maybe I've done it before, maybe I haven't, I just never thought about it.  And that's what I love about personal style blogs: I am encouraged to think about my clothes in new and creative ways!


I am by no means an expert in the field of mixing brights and pastels but I will tell you how I managed to combine these color families without looking like there was too much going on.  First, I picked two contrasting colors to work with, pink and blue.  My foundation pieces, the pants and the top are my brights.  I used my pastel pieces, the necklace, blazer and shoes, to pull the contrasting colors together without blinding those who looked at me with too much bright.

 Umm, by the way, pink + stripes + polka dots in the stripes = my new favorite shirt.

What I'm Wearing:
Shirt: Loft (exact)
Blazer: Gap (exact)
Necklace: Simply Charming Boutique (similarsimilar)
Pants: Loft (similarsimilar)
Oxfords: DSW (similarsimilar)

Linking-Up:
Basic Training Corporate Style- Fashionably Employed
DC In Style- Monday Bloom
Fizz and Frosting- Mix It Monday
Greater Than Rubies- Remix, Rewear, Restyle
Just Another SmithBrynnash, and A Journey in Style- Floral Week 
Perfectly Coutured and Everyday Fashion and Finance- Three-fer Thursday
Style Elixir- Style Sessions
The Style Record- Style Must Haves
Vodka Infused Lemonade- Tres Chic Fashion Thursday
Bookmark and Share

30 comments:

  1. Love that color combo!! Very spring-appropriate and the color of your blazer is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is definitely my favorite blazer at the moment!

      Delete
  2. This outfit is too perfect for Spring! You look great! I think you nailed the combo!
    xo
    http://moderndaymomblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I never know when I try something new so your compliment really means a lot!

      Delete
  3. Polka dots IN THE STRIPES! That might be the best thing I've ever seen! Thanks for linking up for floral week - the necklace is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I'm so tempted to go buy this shirt in the other colors as well! Thanks for hosting a fun link-up!

      Delete
  4. I really like the way you worked in pink stripes and a pink blazer. It is great with the blue pants - bright and spring-y without being too much. You look so cute Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can you tell I really love pink? Haha.

      Delete
  5. That necklace is so pretty with its pearlescent shine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it is going to be my favorite statement necklace for the spring.

      Delete
  6. Very cute! I like all of these pieces both individually and paired together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amy! I do too, especially the striped shirt :)

      Delete
  7. You nailed it, this whole outfit is amazing. And I can see why this adorable top is your new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That top is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just can't get enough of it :)

      Delete
  9. I love that top! Seriously, polka dot stripes...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw that top at Loft and was soooo tempted to get it, but I'm trying to minimize my closet, so I had to pass. I'll just have to live through you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just trying to convince myself that I don't need it in all available colors!

      Delete
  11. Great color combination! I've been really drawn to powder blue paired with various shades of coral or peach lately-- the pants in this post would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, those combinations are the perfect spring palette!

      Delete
  12. I'm so glad I found your site. Love your style!!

    Andrea
    www.mommainflipflops.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty Whitney! I especially like the blazer - color and material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's my new favorite blazer!

      Delete
  14. This is super cute, I love the pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable outfit! I'm totally in love with your t-shirt as well! It unique and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm featuring this shirt again in my post tomorrow...I can't get enough either!

      Delete