Apr 14, 2014

Mix It Monday: Polka Dots in the Stripes

What a lovely Monday morning!  I am just two days away from Spring Break freedom AND I am so excited to be co-hosting my first ever link-up with Lauren from Fizz and Frosting!  Welcome to Mix It Monday!
 

I just love this top so much!  It has all of my favorite details: the color pink, stripes and polka dots.  I mean, come on, polka dots in the stripes?  How much better can it get?  I know that I just wore it last week, but I received so many lovely compliments that I decided to remix the top for this week's Mix It Monday.

Floral scarfs are such an easy way to add springy details when you still need to layer-up a bit.  And a striped top with a floral scarf is an easy formula for pattern mixing!  To make sure it works, I usually pick a scarf that shares a color with the striped top.


This skirt is another one of my new favorite pieces because it features a fun polka dot print but the print is so subtle, that it can act as a neutral.  I can't wait to wear it into the summer months and then in the cooler weather with tights!



Floral and stripes and polka dots, oh my!

And here is how I wore this top before: paired with bright and pastel colors in shades of blue and pink!  Which look do you prefer?  How should I wear this top next?


What I'm Wearing:
Top: Loft (exact)
Scarf: Lou Lou (splurge, similar)
Skirt: Loft (exact)
Shoes: Lindsay Philips (similar)
   fashion linkup Mondaysmix it mondayFizz & Frosting (Bloglovin') / Whitney A La Mode (Bloglovin') Linkup Rules:
  1. Follow your host Fizz and Frosting (via Bloglovin' or Instagram) and your co-host, Whitney of Whitney A La Mode (via Bloglovin' or Instagram)
  2. Share a post, showing how you remixed an item - a top, skirt, jeans, purse, shoes -- it's completely up to you! Want to share a collage? Go for it!
  3. Link back to this post with a text link or by sharing the linkup button!
  4. We'd love for you to tweet using #MixItMon so we can help promote your posts!
Want to co-host in the future? Please email Lauren at lauren@fizzandfrosting.com and use the subject MIX IT MONDAYS!
Bookmark and Share

16 comments:

  1. What a cute top! I love the polka dots inside the stripes! It looks lovely with the floral scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I love it, too :) I'm contemplating getting it in navy as well. What do you think?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Inge! You gotta love it when you can put all of your favorite pieces together in one outfit :)

      Delete
  3. You are so good at mixing patterns! I love how that scarf matches your top - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a compliment considering about a year ago I wouldn't have even attempted mixing patterns. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. I am loving stripes lately on myself and others more so than ever so I love yours, pretty colors too. Thanks for co-hosting this week and for coming by and commenting. Would love to follow you by bloglovin. Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike with our brightly colored stripes, huh?! Thanks so much for stopping by! have a wonderful Tuesday!

      Delete
  5. Love the print mixing and how cute are you? Tu es en faite très à la mode.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this scarf and top combo, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ginny! With the back and forth weather, I'm trying to channel the summer with bright colors :)

      Delete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE this combination! Such a pretty print mix!! Thanks for co-hosting with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thanks for having me for my first ever link-up!

      Delete
  8. i am kind of infatuated with your look here! the stripes and florals go so perfectly together, and i love the added detail of polka dots on the stripes on your shirt! so cute. i'm so bummed i missed this link up!

    ~heidi
    literate & stylish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I still feel risky mixing so many patterns but then it feels even better when it works :)

      Delete