Jun 30, 2014

June Budget

Before I launch into the list of what I purchased this month, I want to sincerely thank you for your kind comments and the positive feelings you sent my way after this post.  From time to time I feel rather silly taking pictures of my outfits and posting them on the internet, but this blogging journey has become so much more than a page full of selfies because of the friendships I've formed with you.  Who knew when I started my blog almost a year ago that I would find such a warm and supportive community of beautiful women...inside and out!?  I am humbled by your support and am so thankful for your friendships.

Alright, before I tear-up (much more than I already have), let's move on to my June budget.  I really shouldn't even call this a "budget" post.  A "birthday money" post would be a more accurate title.  As you may recall from my May budget post, I was unsuccessful in taking my first quarterly budget and spreading it across three months.  I had already spent all of my money and still had the month of June to go!  Fortunately, my birthday at the end of May brought a healthy amount of birthday money with which to make fun purchases!  All birthday excitement aside, however, I do realize that I have utterly failed at my first attempt at a quarterly clothing budget.  The good news is that tomorrow begins a new quarter and I have hopefully learned from my mistakes!


Here are a few of my favorite purchases that I made with birthday money.  I used this unexpected income to experiment with some new-to-me retailers and I was pleasantly surprised with the goods!

The coral and white striped maxi dress, black pleated skirt, sling-back flats and retro-inspired swimsuit are from Land's End.  Now I'm pretty sure I owned some LE winter boots (or some such thing) when I was little, but this was my first purchase as a style-conscious adult.  I found that the Land's End selection is full of a great mix of on-trend items as well as basic pieces!

My second experiment was with ASOS.  I have a few friends (in real life and in the blogiverse) who wear clothes from ASOS and I've always admired their pieces.  I finally bit the bullet and tried a few of the dresses myself...and I am in love.  I found the swing dress and the skater dress styles to be extremely comfortable and flattering.  And could the paisley and floral patterns in these dresses be any prettier?!

And lastly, I have been itching to order something beautiful and feminine from Ruche for quite some time now.  I've also been eyeing the breezy floral kimono trend of late.  Purchasing the number in the center of the top row satisfied my Ruche and kimono desires!

P.S.  The perfect-for-summer cognac wedges are from DSW, a store to which I am (obviously) not a newcomer.

I'm linking-up with Fran and the Budgeting Bloggers!
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. I tried to pick a favorite, and I simply couldn't do it. I love ALL of these finds! Floral, coral, and stripes. Oh, my!

    P.S. SO glad I've met you through blogging. My friend and I are going to the Newseum tomorrow, so we'll be closer to your neck of the woods!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, have you been to the Newseum before?? I've only been once but it was one of my favorite museum experiences in D.C. I can't wait to hear what you thought of it!

      Delete
  2. Ahh birthday money is the best, that's how I did my June shopping too! Branching out totally worked out for you, these pieces are just completely beautiful and I love them all. I feel like every time I see something like this, I'm just inching that much closer to trying it out and ordering from ASOS. Everything from there is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should DEFINITELY give ASOS a try! I've already placed another order to try a few more dresses! One of the great things about them is that they have free shipping on returns. For my first order, I purchased two sizes of each dress...and I'm glad I did. Also, each time I've ordered a TON of dresses...that way you are bound to find some that work!

      Delete
  3. ASOS is my go-to overseas online shopping place! And that paisley dress is to die for! Can't wait to see how you rock that. Great haul, mon amie! And I hope your lemonade ended up sweet at the end. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm now kind of obsessed with ASOS and this dress...I have to stop myself from wearing it every day!

      Delete