Sep 1, 2014

Favorite Summer Dress

I have worn this dress so much this summer that I'm surprised it's making its first appearance on my blog today!  Every season I find that I have one or two pieces in my closet that I'm constantly reaching for, and this dress was a go-to item for me over the past couple of months.


I struggle with summer fashion because, in my opinion, it's just not as much fun as cooler weather fashion.  I find that I'm a lot more creative with my clothes when the temperatures drop because I can play around with layering.  In the summer, it's just too darn hot for layers (with the exception of my favorite denim vest).


I think it's for this reason that I love this dress so much.  The dress has enough going on for it- fun colors, a bold pattern, and a cute fit- that I don't feel the need to add much more to my outfit.  Sure, I'll throw-on a long pendant necklace here or add a brightly-colored pair of flats there, but this dress stands-out on it's own!

What has been your favorite summer piece of clothing this season?

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: ASOS (similar, similar)
Sandals: Target (exact)
Purse: Longchamp (exact)

Linking-Up:
DC in Style- Monday Bloom
Greater Than Rubies and Tucker Up- The Lovely Look Book
The Modern Austen- Sunday Best
I Do DeClaire- Confident TWOsday
Pink Sole and Cha Cha the Fashion Genius- #HowIFall
Style Elixir- Style Sessions
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment