Oct 2, 2014

31 Days, 31 Ways Remix: The Pieces

As of yesterday, I started a fall remix challenge hosted by Caitlin of Greater Than Rubies.  I'm so excited to be participating because of the creativity inspired by remix challenges.  The reason I started this blog was to motivate myself to wear my clothes more creatively and to convince myself that I didn't need to buy more to feel cute in what I was wearing.  While I think I've learned a lot so far, I'm looking forward to this remix as a way to refocus on these goals.

Last year, I started a fall remix challenge but never ended-up finishing it.  My major downfall was in forgetting to take into account the weather.  I was so excited to wear all of my new sweaters that I failed to realize that temperatures were still in the seventies.  But alas, armed with layering pieces, I think I'm prepared this year!

Caitlin has given us free reign to choose the number of clothing pieces in our challenge.  Our only mission is to create 31 new outfits from these items.  I've decided upon 15 garments that will be remixed into 31 never-before-worn ensembles!

Let's take a look at the line-up!

Tops:


Chambray: Old Navy (similar, similar)
Beaded Sleeveless Top: Banana Republic Outlet (exact)
Michigan State Football Tee (exact)
Polka Dot Sweater: Target (super similar)
Orange Lace Tank: Banana Republic Outlet (exact)
Polka Dot Tee: J.Crew Factory (similar)

Bottoms:


Ponté Pants: Gap (similar)
Skinnies: American Eagle (exact)
Blue Striped Skirt: Banana Republic Outlet (super similar)
Black Pleated Skirt: Land's End (similar, similar)
Navy Dress Pants: Gap (similar)
Red Ankle Pants: c/o Stitch Fix (similar, similar)

Dress:


Dress: LOFT Outlet (similar, similar)

Completer Pieces:


Purple Boyfriend Cardigan: Old Navy (similar)
Blazer: Anthropologie (similar, similar)

So what's it going to look like around here for the next month?  I plan to only wear outfits remixed from my fifteen pieces.  I will be posting weekly round-ups of these outfits on Thursdays.  I hope to be extra creative and only use my remix choices during Alex and my weekly "take one, pass it on" posts but I might have to cheat here and there.  I hope you will forgive me!  And finally, I have some pictures of outfits I've worn during the past few weeks to throw in every once in awhile.  So stick around!  I think  it is going to be a fun month!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment