Oct 23, 2014

31 Days, 31 Ways Remix: Week 3 Outfits

Wow!  The weeks of this remix are flying by and we are three quarters of the way finished!  I am pleased to say that I'm not at all sick of the pieces that I've chosen.  I do want to admit, though, that I miss my other clothes.  I will be excited to start incorporating the rest of my closet when the remix is over.

Here are the prompts that Caitlin of Greater Than Rubies gave us for the third week and my interpretations of them:

Color Blocked:

You may remember that I wore this exact outfit but with skinny jeans instead of dress pants during the second week.  One key to keeping my looks fresh during this remix has been to carefully plan what I wear on the weekends versus weekdays.  My students didn't see this skinny jean look so it was completely new to them!


Pattern Mixing:

Credit for this outfit goes completely to my friend, Lindsay.  I had decided to try layering this sweater over the skirt but it really wasn't working with the accessories I chose.  I was about to give-up but Lindsay re-accessorized me and voilà!  I think it turned-out really cute!



Layered Necklaces:

Ok, so I didn't layer necklaces here but I did wear a statement necklace.  Close enough?



A New Way to Tie a Scarf:

I loved pairing this scarf with my striped top a few weeks ago and knew I had to try it with this dress.  I still love this pattern mixing combination!



Tried and True Made New:

Layering a button-up under a sweater is always a look that I admire on other girls, a "tried and true" look, if you will.  It's rare that I try it myself, though...so I decided to try it here!



Monochrome:

Simply wearing the blues!



Day to Night:

Typically I wear flats but I decided heels could take this outfit from "teacher" to "dinner on the town."


31 Days, 31 Ways Remix

Linking-Up:
Greater Than Rubies- 31 Days, 31 Ways
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment