Jun 10, 2015

On Birthday Coupons and Splurges

If you stop by here frequently, you know that I recently celebrated my 29th birthday.  One of my favorite things to do during the month of May is to treat myself to a few things using the assortment of birthday coupons that flood my inbox.  My biggest birthday splurge this year was this comfy, flowing maxi dress from Anthropologie!


For a busy birthday on-the-go, I paired the dress with some flat, strappy sandals.  I can't wait to dress it up with a cute pair of wedges and perhaps a statement necklace!

Gotta love a goofy face and a cat photobomb!

As much as I love birthday coupons, I do have to say that I'm growing a bit disappointed in the offerings from certain stores.  I loved my "no purchase necessary" make-up sample from Sephora and the "no strings attached" $5 coupon from DSW.  But stores like Anthropologie and Gap really let me down.  Truth be told, this dress wasn't purchased from Anthro with my 15% off birthday coupon, but rather with the 20% off Mother's Day Sale code.  Call me greedy, but I think that my birthday coupon should be special and should trump the other sales that are currently happening!  Similarly, for having a Gap card, I received 25% off a purchase for my special day.  Meanwhile, a 40% off sale was happening.  Don't you think that your birthday deal should be more of a special occasion that the typical store sales??

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Anthropologie (similar)
Sandals: France (similar, similar)

Linking-Up:
Spy Girl- 52 Pick-Me-Up: United Nations (I think I've got a little Mexican flair going on here!)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment