Aug 28, 2015

Blogging Besties: Ombre

I don't know about you, but perusing my favorite style blogs over a cup of coffee is one of my favorite ways to relax!  I find myself inspired by all of the creative looks that are put together by these beautiful ladies.  However, every once in awhile, one of my blogging friends nails it and I know that I have to try to recreate her look.  Alex did just that last week with her unique ombre-inspired outfit!


I've already found a couple of ombre combinations in my closet but I decided to try a blue-hued look this week!


Ok, so I know that my top maybe verges on green instead of blue, but I do think my mint necklace and cobalt skirt worked together to create the ombre effect.


Blooper!

I wore this ensemble for a very special date!  A blogging blind date, that is.  You guys, I met the incredibly sweet Ada (pronounced ahhhdahhh-- I was saying it wrong in my head this whole time!) of Elegance and Mommyhood while she was vacationing with her family in my hometown.  I have to say that she is just as sweet in person as she is online and her daughter Vivian is quite the cutie!  I can't wait for an upcoming shopping trip together!

We braved a windy day at Silver Beach!

And finally, here are your options to pass-on for next week: blue hues, mint, cobalt, a peplum, a (J.Crew) mini skirt, stripes or sling backs! 

What I'm Wearing:
Top: Anthro (similar, similar)
Skirt: J.Crew Factory (exact in different colors)
Necklace: Etsy (similar, similar)
Flats: Land's End (exact)


Featured On:

What did you pass-on from Alex's look last week?




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment