Jan 22, 2016

Blogging Besties: Top Knot

Last week, Whitney looked ultra-cool and casual in her all-neutrals outfit.


I especially loved her pretty top knot. Since the sock bun (or the shame puff, as some on the Interwebs would call it) is one of my favorite hairstyles, I chose to pass on that element in my own outfit! I think a sock bun/top knot looks especially cool with fancy, glam outfits--it is elegant while keeping the hair up and out of the way to show off fun, feminine details (like my necklace in the outfit below.) 

Folks, I had such big plans for this outfit. The juxtaposition of masculine and feminine! The midi skirt! THE WINTER GLAM! I laid it out the night before, spent all this time getting ready to shoot the outfit, but once I got outside to take photos, I met the front end of a snowstorm. So despite my best efforts, the ice started sticking to everything--most importantly, the camera lens (and it messed up my bangs, to boot.) Once I went to look at the photos on my computer, I realized that most of the photos were unusable because of the snowflakes on the lens. I thought about trashing all the photos and starting from scratch with a new outfit tomorrow, but I liked this outfit so much that I decided to just use this one photo I salvaged and leave it at that. So, never mind my wonky bangs and ice spots and just enjoy the outfit! :D

For Maricel next week, the elements of this outfit are: topknot, buffalo plaid, midi skirt, strappy heels, clutch, and winter glam! 


Shirt: Old Navy (similarsimilarsimilar)
Skirt: Forever XXI (similarsimilarsimilar)
Heels: BCBG Maxazria via TJ Maxx (similarsimilarsimilar)
Necklace: J. Crew (similarsimilarsimilar)


Featured On:
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment