Feb 5, 2016

Create28: Duck Boots

I tend to like outfits with a cozy vibe.  Give me a soft sweater, a chunky scarf or a pair of fleece tights and I am a happy girl!  For this reason, I pinned this look over a year ago.  I love the juxtaposition of the feminine skirt, classic tweed and outdoorsy boots.  Little did I know that duck boots would be the "it" pair of shoes to own this winter!

My recent reintroduction to Michigan winters convinced me to finally invest in a pair of these boots.  There are so many cute versions out there in different patterns and colors (that teal pair!), but I decided to go with a classic navy pair for easier outfit remixing

Admittedly I haven't been as creative in putting together outfits featuring these boots as I would like.  I want to venture into wearing them with more skirts and dresses, but for now, here is a look based-on my current winter uniform!


I told you, a thick cardigan, skinny jeans and some booties are what I have been living in lately!  You can't beat this combination in terms of comfort or warmth!

Since I've been so into my booties this season, I've also invested in some cute and cozy socks.  These are my current favorites but I'm also loving all of these.  I'm particularly curious about the Toboggan socks by Stance and the Buffalo Check socks by Madewell!  Where do you buy your thick socks?




Thanks for stopping-by today and I hope that you will post your duck boot looks on Instagram (#create28winterlooks)!  Tomorrow Carrie, Casey and I will be featuring our first friend blogger of this series.  Brooke from Pumps and Push Ups will be keeping with the boot theme by styling a pair of rain boots!


What I'm Wearing:
Shirt: Gap Outlet (similar, similar)
Cardigan: Modcloth (exact)
Jeans: American Eagle (exact)
Socks: L.L. Bean (exact)
Duck Boots: DSW (exact)


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment