May 20, 2016

Blogging Besties :: Knits

Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of Undergraduate Style, Maricel of ::My Closet Catalogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile’s Style. Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week’s outfit to pass on in a brand new look. This “take one, pass it on” challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!
Last week, Alex looked utterly adorbs in one of my favorite ensembles of hers to date:

80764-dscn1120
 

So this week is brought to you by: “monochromatic, knits, skater skirt, or tortoiseshell jewelry". And for your viewing pleasure, I give you: a knit.

Image (21)

Yes, my friends, I knit that! Here is proof positive that I didn't just abandon my regular blogging activities to loll about with slothful abandon. I am doing productive things with my finite spare time. Not only have I rediscovered reading again (currently have 30 books checked out from the library), but I also pulled out ye ol' knitting paraphernalia and whipped up this bad boy in a week. The knitting obsession was reborn partly due to a paucity of 40s inspired knits. I was looking for a specific length and sleeve style and neckline and I couldn't find anything on eBay or Poshmark that suited my fancy. In frustration, I turned to Ravelry and queued up over thirty knitting patterns that worked for me. And because we'd experienced a brief cold spell when this all went down, this was the first project I attempted.

Image (20)


 It's 50% wool/50% alpaca, but the design is more apropos for warm weather, and although seemingly contradictory, I made this choice on purpose. It means the piece is warm enough for So.Cal cold spells (especially if I layer; imagine this over a fun long-sleeved button down top!) but cool enough to do double duty on milder spring days (hence the short sleeves and boat neckline). Since it was decidedly warm on the day of my photo shoot, you see it styled here with a flirty trumpet-esque skirt and Mary Janes sans stockings. For Selah’s turn next week, I challenge her to the following: something red, something striped, something contradictory, or a handmade item. Vive le vendredi!
:: Just the facts, ma’am :: Top – handmade by moi Skirt – Banana Republic via eBay Heels - Marimba by Aerosoles
:: Scream it from the top of your lungs :: Summertime by Ella Fitzgerald
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment