May 6, 2016

Blogging Besties: Rhyming


Blogging Besties is a weekly series featuring Whitney of Whitney à la mode, Alex of Undergraduate Style, Maricel of ::My Closet Catelogue:: and Selah of A Bibliophile's Style.  Each week, one of the bloggers will choose one component from the previous week's outfit to pass on in a brand new look.  This "take one, pass it on" challenge is an inspiration to stretch your closet and your imagination!

Last week, Selah looked beautiful in an outfit perfect for spring!  She gave me these prompts from which to work: asymmetrical hem, pearls, coral, floral or a rhyming outfit.


I love a good closet challenge so I knew immediately that I wanted to create a rhyming outfit.  This is easier said than done, though.  I walked around for days thinking thoughts like, "Alright, I wear a lot of tassels.  What rhymes with tassels?  Castles!  I don't have any clothes with castles on them.  On to polka dots!  What rhymes with polka dots?"  This went on and on until I finally found my rhyming ensemble!

Lovelies, I present to you "Striped and Typed!"



Once I had the rhyme, then I had to actually create the outfit.  This was a bit of a challenge because most of my striped items are either tops or dresses and all of my typed pieces are tops.  A girl needs to wear some bottoms!

Alas, I tried the trick of wearing a top over a dress to create a top + skirt effect.  Oftentimes I find that this doesn't work due to the proportions of the pieces but I lucked out this time!

I feel that the vibe of this outfit is very preppy in an "I summer in the Hamptons and play lots of tennis" kind of a way.  I have no actual basis for this opinion given I've never summered in the Hamptons but I felt very posh all day.  Ha!

Alright Alex, here are your prompts for next week: striped, typed, a top over a dress, Chucks or preppy!

What I'm Wearing:
Sweatshirt: Banana Republic (similar, similar)
Dress: Old Navy (similar, similar)
Converse: DSW (exact)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment