May 2, 2016

Spring Wedding: One Dress, Two Ways

Good morning, lovelies!  I'm super excited for this post because I'm featuring two special occasion looks!  There's something about wearing a pretty dress that makes a girl feel special, don't you think?

In early April, I asked for your advice in choosing a pretty spring dress for a couple of events I had planned.  I actually ordered four of the five dresses featured in that post so that I could really choose the perfect one!  The winning dress was obvious from the moment I put it on and the rest were promptly shipped back.

I chose this dress!


I am joining four other lovely ladies today to talk about what to wear to a spring wedding!  While I didn't actually have a wedding to attend this past month, I was lucky to have two other formal events for which I could dress-up!  I decided that it would be fun to take this beautiful dress and create two different looks!


Look #1: I wore this ensemble to a tea party hosted by the Junior League of Lansing, Michigan.  It was a fun afternoon full of empowering messages for women, pretty dresses and a few glasses of tea champagne.




For this event I chose to make the dress a bit more formal with classic nude wedges and a bold coral necklace.  Dainty, stackable rings completed the look.

Look #2:  The second time I wore this dress was for a very special event...the baptism of my beautiful niece, Eloise!  I am so blessed that my sister and brother-in-law chose me to be Eloise's godmother so I got to stand up with them for this special moment.



I went a little bit more casual for this occasion by adding a belt and a pair of navy espadrilles.  What I really loved about this dress is that there are so many different hues in the floral print to pull out and work with!  Using coral in the first look versus red and navy accessories in the second almost made the colors of the dress look different to me.

Jennie              Rachel              Ada              Jill              moi

Thank you to Ada of Elegance and Mommyhood for organizing this seasonal wedding collaboration for three seasons in a row now!  You can check out my fall wedding and winter wedding looks, if you'd like!

And please take time to see how these other beautiful women have shopped their closets to style looks for a spring wedding!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment