May 18, 2016

Style Perspectives: A Graduation Look for Teachers

It's hard to believe but this is already my fifth week of participating in the Style Perspectives Series with the lovely ladies of The Blended Blog!  Does this time of year fly for anyone else?  As a teacher, it feels like the end of the year is so far away but at the same time we are speeding right ahead!

This week Sheila chose our Style Perspectives prompt, a graduation look!


I do believe I am done with my own graduation ceremonies, having completed my Master's degree, and I don't yet have children of my own to watch graduate.  But teachers often attend these ceremonies to celebrate the success of their students!  This is the first year that I don't teach seniors so I will not be attending graduation, but I will be attending our 8th Grade Awards Night where I get to present the French Award to a few of my outstanding students.



To me, this is the perfect graduation look for a teacher.  It is bright, fun and celebratory!  But it is also modest, work-appropriate and comfortable.  I definitely don't want to stand in front of an auditorium of 8th graders and parents feeling over-exposed!



This dress was a recent find at Ann Taylor on sale!  The material is thick and flattering while still being comfortable.  I decided the floral print seems retro to me so I decided to up the vintage vibe with my oversized pearls.

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: Ann Taylor (exact)
Necklace: Amazon (exact)
Tights: Nordstrom (exact)
Shoes: DSW (similar)

Make sure to visit the other ladies of The Blended Blog to see their graduation looks and continue reading this post to link-up your very own!

Next week we are wearing our nautical navy stripes!


And here are our blazer looks from last week!


ONCE UPON A TIME & HAPPILY EVER AFTER : Library-Lovin’-Lady
DAILY STYLE FINDS: The Personal Stylist
FOXY’S DOMESTIC SIDE: The Crafty Engineer
SIMPLY SHAUNACEY: Reformed Frumpy Mommy
TWO TEENS AND THEIR MAMA: Stylish Midlife Mama
RSQUARED: The Not So Nerdy Accountant
SHOES TO SHIRAZ: The Shoe Hoarding French Teacher
PUPPIES AND PRETTIES: Cube Dwelling Fashionista
MISHAPS AND MAYHEM OF SOLITARY LIFE: Single Girl, Simple Style
A LOVELY LITTLE WARDROBE: A Casual Petite
MAKING THE MOST OF EVERYDAY Classic Yet Current Over Forty
NICKANDNIK: Mama with Curves
LIVING ON CLOUD NINE: Blissful Fashionista
WHITNEY À LA MODE: A book-loving French Teacher


Where I'm linking-up!
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment