Jul 19, 2016

Dark Green + Tangerine = Summer Queen

Confession: I consulted a rhyming website to come up with this post title.  I'm still not in love with it but sometimes the inspiration just doesn't strike when you need it!

Similarly, I struggled to style this dress for a summer look.  The cut of the dress fits the warm weather, but to me the color works better during the fall.



I wore this outfit to my cousin's rehearsal dinner and I really wanted to repurpose a dress I already own instead of purchasing a new one.  I had only worn this trapeze dress once before so it seemed like the perfect dress to wear...until I got stuck on making it work for a summer event.

I thought that some fun, pop-of-color shoes would brighten up the look but again, I didn't want to buy anything new.  I've had these tangerine hued shoes for at least five years and dug them out from the shoe bin under my bed.



Alright, so I have a contrasting colored dress and pair of shoes, how do I make this outfit cohesive?  Enter this fun little patterned clutch!  It's funny, the purse doesn't actually feature the green of the dress or the orange of the shoes but it somehow ties the look together.  I guess it goes to show that an outfit doesn't have to be matchy matchy to go together.



Do you experiment with typically cold-weather colors during the summer!  What's your favorite way to heat them up?

What I'm Wearing:
Dress: LOFT (similar fit different color)
Clutch: Boutique in D.C. (similar, similar)
Heels: DSW (similar, similar)
Earrings: Kate Spade (exact and included in the Nordstrom sale!)

Where I'm linking-up!
SaveSaveSave
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment