Nov 14, 2016

Guest Post: Deena of Shoes to Shiraz

Ni hao!  As you read this, I'm on a grand adventure in Beijing, China.  Don't worry, I will tell you all about it when I get back!  But for now, please enjoy the company of some of my best blogging friends who have generously agreed to guest post while I'm traveling.

Hey Whitney à la mode readers, I'm Deena, a blogger friend of Whitney's.  Like Whitney, I'm also a French teacher, I teach high school french in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Now go figure out where that is :)

I'm thrilled that Whitney would have me guest post for her, so today I thought I would share with you my key piece for the transition from fall to winter.  Yes, we're already thinking winter in our neck of the woods.

What is that piece, you ask? A turtleneck.

I find that I can pair a turtleneck with any outfit I put together.  Under a sweater, with a blazer, under a sheath dress or alone with high-waisted pants: a turtleneck is super versatile. Plus you don't have to break the bank buying them and can get multiple colours.  If you want to see how I style turtlenecks, I'll be posting my looks Wednesday on my blog.

Today I thought I'd show you how I transition my favourite piece from the spring and summer for winter using a turtleneck ( vest here).  I wasn't sure how much use I would get out of this vest in the winter but I am loving how it looks paired with a turtleneck.


The other thing I found challenging about this outfit was the colour combo.  I never pair black and greys with any browns, but when I look at the pictures, I really like the fall vibe that it gives.


Coming up with different ways of putting together outfits has me feeling creative and inspired.  I will definitely be looking at more ways to see how I can wear this vest during the winter months.  You can pop over to my blog today to see how I wore the vest in the summer.  Have a great Monday!






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment