Jan 11, 2017

New Year Styled: Utility Vest + Link-Up


Military vest?  Utility vest?  Cargo vest?  Regardless of what you call it, this was one of my first blog-inspired purchases.  When I first started reading style blogs, I will admit to buying many items because I wanted to be just like the bloggers who inspired me.  Most of those purchases have since been donated but this vest is here to stay!  It really has been a great layering and point of interest piece to add to outfits.  I'm still so happy that I purchased mine in this pretty purple color instead of the traditional olive green because it is very me.

I usually wear this vest with neutral combinations.  A great example of a typical outfit featuring the vest is this ensemble that I wore this exact week but last year!


For my New Year Styled challenge with The Blended Blog this week, I wanted to do something a little bit different than I've done before.  So I added color!  I started by finding a scarf that went well with the vest and built my outfit from there.  I'm so pleased with the results.  I think this is one of my favorite outfits I've created recently!



How are you styling your new year?  Are you enjoying the seasons latest trends or are you remixing what you've got?  I would love for you to link-up with us below!

What I'm Wearing:
Sweater: Target (similar)
Vest: Eddie Bauer (similar)
Scarf: American Eagle (similar)
Jeans: American Eagle (exact)
Boots: Nordstrom (similar)









Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment