Oct 20, 2017

Blogging Besties: Something Sensible


Blogging Besties series is the brain child of Alex @ The Cheerful Closet and Whitney @ Whitney à la Mode. In 2015, the series expanded to include yours truly @ My Closet Catalogue and Selah @ A Bibliophile's Style. It's based on the idea of "take one, pass it on," but we're passing on an element from another blogger's outfit. It's a fun challenge that inspires us to be creative!


Last week, Maricel challenged me to wear something white, something oversized, or something sensible. I am nothing if not sensible, so for this week I styled one of the most sensible pieces I own--my interview dress.

Rather than the conservative way I usually style it for interviews (neutral blazer w/ matching wedges) I went for more "fun" this time since it was just a regular workday! I pulled out colors from the pattern and chose my accessories/completer piece in those colors--the pink of the cardigan, the navy of the necklace, and the maroon of the flats.




Dress: LOFT (similarsimilarsimilar)
Cardigan: J. Crew Factory (similarsimilarsimilar)
Necklace: Walmart (similarsimilarsimilar)
Watch: Francesca's (similarsimilarsimilar)
Flats: Forever XXI (similarsimilarsimilar

Next week, Whitney can choose from the following: stripes, hot pink, or a statement necklace! 

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment