Jan 29, 2018

5 Reasons to Plan a Monthly Hike


On the first of January last year, my best friend, Nicole, and I went on a brisk, refreshing winter hike. It was the perfect way to start the new year.  We inhaled the cool, fresh air and talked about what we wanted for the coming year.  We decided that one of these things we wanted was to make our hike together a monthly ritual.

Some of my Blended Bloggers and I are talking about Fashion, Food, Friendship and Fitness Goals today, so I've decided to share five reasons why you should make the friendship goal to hike together monthly.


Reason #1: The most rewarding part of hiking every month with Nicole was the peaceful, quality time we got to spend together.  In spite of our hectic schedules, we made sure to carve-out time for each other once a month.  While hiking, we had great conversation without the distractions of everyday life.

Reason #2: Hiking is free!  So many social gatherings require you to spend your hard-earned cash.  It was so refreshing to have a regular friend get-together where I knew I wouldn't have to spend any money.


Reason #3: Hiking doesn't involve consuming food or drinks.  To go along with the inexpensive nature of, well, nature, hiking also doesn't involve eating big restaurant meals or guzzling lots of wine.  While I do love eating and drinking, so much of what's on my calendar involves going to restaurants with friends.  My stomach and my wallet thanked me for getting out of the house and not consuming a gigantic plate of pasta.

Reason #4: Since we hiked once a month, Nicole and I experienced our local nature during all kinds of weather.  We found that, even when hiking in the rain, there was something beautiful to be appreciated during every season.


Reason #5: Hiking is a fun and stress-free way to move your body.  Our monthly hikes didn't feel like a work-out but it did feel good to stretch my legs and raise my step-count for the day.

Nicole and I are proud that we completed our goal of hiking once per month during 2017!  We got so much out of the experience and are planning hiking dates into our friendship again this year.

So what do you say? Would you make a hiking goal this year?  You have a few more days to squeeze in your January hike!

Save
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment