Jan 17, 2018

How to Wear a Fur Vest After the Holidays


Well hello, lovelies!  As I'm getting back into the groove with outfit photos and blogging, I've been looking to The Blended Blog for some inspiration.  We're starting to add themes to our Wednesday style posts and this week we're talking about vests.

After years of wanting the perfect (faux) fur vest, I finally found one this December.  It isn't too over-the-top, came in the color I wanted and has a sweater-back instead of fur all over.  I'm telling you, this is the fur vest of my dreams.  Not to mention it was a total steal at $35 instead of the usual $70+ that I see for fur vests.  And good news!  It is still on sale and comes in multiple, fun colors (I think I need to add the red one to my closet now).  If you've been looking for the perfect fur vest, definitely check this one out!



Faux fur (because I would never wear real), to me, seems so perfect for the holidays!  The material exudes warmth and a little bit of glam.  I had fun wearing this vest to Christmas get-togethers but when December ended, I wasn't quite ready to hang it up until next year.

Now, I'm normally not one to prescribe to style "rules."  I generally think that you should wear what makes you happy, but that doesn't mean that I don't feel a little self-conscious sometimes when I think I'm wearing something out of the ordinary.


So, I've come-up with three ideas to help you transition your fur pieces to the new year:

1.  Wear fur with neutrals.  I think bold colors add to the festive feel of the holidays so I stuck with shades of brown and blue to calm the fur down in the new year.

2.  Dress-down the fur.  I also think that wearing fur with a dress makes for a pretty fancy ensemble.  Wearing it with jeans and a tee feels more "everyday" to me.

3.  Own it.  Sometimes you just gotta step outside your comfort zone and wear what you want to wear!


What I'm Wearing:
Striped Tee: Boden (exact)
Vest: Macy's (exact)
Jeans: American Eagle (exact)
Ankle Boots: Nordstrom (exact)

Don't forget to link-up your favorite looks with The Blended Blog below!




SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment